English short biography
Annelyn loves to perform opera and operette and sometimes performs oratoria, songs and chambermusic.
Annelyn studied singing at the Royal Conservatory of Gent in Belgium. She got her Bachelordegree with Zeger Vandersteene and her Masterdegree in 2009 with Marcos Pujol and international bas-baritone Gidon Saks.
She took singing Masterclasses in Belgium and abroad with Gidon Saks, her greatest inspiration, with whom she still takes lessons from time to time, Yva Barthélémy, Marianne Miagat, Wiebke Göetjes, Sara Mingardo, Jennifer Hamilton, Nicoletta Olivieri, Zeger Vandersteene, Michael Spyres, Raymond Modesti and Franco Farina.
In the past Annelyn performed in productions of
- Final project conservatory:
Lola in Gallantry D. Moore direction Gidon Saks
- Scoppio di Vesuvio BE under direction of Gidon Saks:
Miles in Turn of the screw B. Britten, 2nd witch and 1ste nereid in Dido and Aeneas H. Purcell, Virtu in L'incoronazione di Poppea C. Monteverdi, some concerts with arias, duets of Orlovsky, Cherubino, Octavian, songs,...
- Hojotoho Singingstudio NL - GE under direction of W. Goëtjes:
Hänsel in Hänsel und Gretel E. Humperdinck, some concerts with arias of Charlotte, Leonora, Suzuki, 2nd lady,...
- International Belcanto Academy NL - GE under direction of R. Modesti - N. Vogler:
2nd lady and 3rd boy in Die Zauberflöte W.A. Mozart
- Collegium Cum Splendore BE under direction of L. Sels:
2nd soprano and altosolo in Gloria Vivaldi and concerts with arias of Sesto G.F. Haendel
- Opera aan de Schie NL H. Ritman:
Hänsel in Hänsel und Gretel E. Humperdinck, some concerts with a lot arias on 3 Festivals of Opera aan de Schie
- Incanto NL under direction of J.Pas - J. Lucassen:
Concert with arias from Annio, Charlotte, Giovanna Seymour
- Klassiek op het plein BE:
Concert with arias from Balkis Gounod, Laura Ponchielli and quatre-mains
- vzw CoOperArti BE, Annelyn created this organisation in 2010.
Past productions are:
Opera Metamorfosen (Annelyn as Carmen, Nancy, Berta, Siebel, Charlotte, Balkis in arias and Giulio, Hänsel, Nancy and Mallika in duets)
Beaux airs: loved arias and duets for soprano and mezzo (Annelyn as Isabella, Charlotte, Carmen, Cherubino, Siebel, Nicklausse, Bianca, Adalgisa),
Regine e rivali: arias and duets from Anna Bolena and Maria Stuarda G. Donizetti (Annelyn as Giovanna Seymour and Elisabetta), Dramatiek & Romantiek duets from Norma V. Bellini, La Gioconda A. Ponchielli (Annelyn as Laura and Adalgisa) and chambermusic for flute and piano, Diva divo mezzosoprani 4 mezzis, 2 pianists with all mezzorepertoire (Annelyn as Nicklausse, Sara R. Devereux, Charlotte, Sesto G. F. Haendel, Béatrice Berlioz), Voce di donne arias and ensembles with 3 singers and pianist with theme women (Annelyn as Jocasta, La cieca, Suzuki, Frau Reich, Elisabetta), Amor arias and chambermusic around love (Annelyn as Siebel, Leonora, Carmen and Eboli), CoOperArgandi famous arias and duets and chambermusic, Quasi Cosi fan tutte a shortened version of Cosi fan tutte (Annelyn as Dorabella), Alla zingarese songs, arias, quatre-mains and piano solo around gipsy theme (Annelyn as Carmen), Gloed arias and ensembles, Dell' Amore arias, chambermusic, quatre-mains and solos around love,
- other organisations:
Petite messe solennelle Rossini (altosolo) with F. Hameleers, Die Geburt Christi H. Von Herzogenberg for Azymuth with T. Deneckere (altosolo), 2nd soprano and altosolo Gloria Vivali with A. De Spiegeleer, Christmasconcert for gezinsbond Olsene with all christmassongs solo and also with choir and brassplayers
- On invitation Annelyn was asked by Kunst Veredelt Roeselare to be Josepha in a Dutch version of Im weissen Rössl R. Benatzky in 2016 in Roeselare CC The Spil.
- On invitation Annelyn sung on 22nd of january 2017 for Lyrica vzw Gent in selections of Rigoletto Verdi parts of Maddalena and Giovanna, and in operetteselections she was Nicklausse and Rose Friquet.
- On invitation Annelyn performed Ariade opera arias- piano intermezzi for Macine vzw Eeklo All mezzosoprano opera arias.
-Worked with directors Gidon Saks,Ronny Lauwers, Maja Jantar, Jim Lucassen, Nelly Vogler, Wiebke Göetjes, Gino Bruneel
- Worked with conductors Antoon De Spiegeleer, Piet De Block, Liselotte Sels, Daan Janssens, Tom Deneckere, Eddy Desnijder, Guy Penson, Marc Tassaert, Karen Oberfeld, Nico Ronsse, Frank Hameleers, Sieglinde Carlier, Henk Soenen, Joop Verzele, Karel De Wilde
- Worked with pianists (selection) Andrew Wise, Guy Penson, Jan Lust, Katrijn Friant, Gilbert Den Broeder, Floor Lanz, Jeanne Marie Vermaelen, Ineke Gelijns,Gétacine Pégorim, Els Cooman, Marieke Arnou, Ilse De Backer, Ellen Lampo, Nathalie Doucet, Sylvie Decramer, Pieter Tieghem, Aymeric Catalano
Before her singing she studied piano at the Lemmensinstituut in Leuven Belgium. Her teachers were Astrid Golsteyn, Marc Erkens, Stefan Celen and Ewa Korniszewska. There she got her Masterdegree for piano and her teachingdegree.
Besides performing, Annelyn teaches in parttime artschools: singing in Musicschool Harelbeke and piano and ensemble at Conservatory of Kortrijk and Gullegem.
She was a member of Youth and music organisation team of Kortrijk from 2011 till the end of 2015. Since 2016 she is member of Legato Kortrijk.
Annelyn loves languages and has very good knowledge of Dutch, French, English, good knowledge of German and Italian, and basic knowledge of Russian and Spanish